Nobody plans to have an accident but it is also prudent to be ready when the unexpected happens.
- Aside from your drivers license and car registration, your insurance policy book will comein handy. Make sure you have it in your car. Having extra copies of these docs will save you from overcharging photocopying services when these docs are needed.
- If and when you got involve in a “minor” accident, remain calm and focused.
- Look for a policeman or traffic officer to sketch the position. A camera phone will come in handy too.
- You will need a police report for the incident for insurance claim, thus, you and the other involved party must drive to the nearest police traffic bureau, to give your individual statements.
- The process of getting a police report consumes a lot of time. Immediateatly advise all stakeholders about the incident and your whereabouts. Be prepared to cancel all planned activities for the day.
- The process of getting a police report is also costly as you will pay not only for the cost of the report but also for the photographs and photocopies. Prices is beyond the standard price.
- Get in touch with your insurance provider, they can extend some assistance depending on the service they offer.
- Depending on the damage of your car, be prepared for car less days ahead as your car go to the process of repair.
The context of these pointers is minor vehicle to vehicle accident and may not apply if human injury is present.