Going on a Road Trip? Here are tips for a safe, pleasant, worry-free road trip.
Before planning a road trip, make sure to have your car checked or serviced first, things like under the hood (the car battery, A/C, Engine Oil) and under the chassis (shocks, align wheels, as well as the exhaust systems)
Now on the actually going to the road trip part, Before leaving make sure you check :
- Check the Brake Fluid Level. Fill up to the recommended level
- Radiator coolant Level. Fill up to the recommended level
- Window wiper Washer Level. Fill up to the recommended level
- Check Brake lights, Headlights, foglamps, and always bring a spare bulbs
- Check Fuses, bring spare fuses
- Fuel tank. A full tank is wise choice
- Check tire pressure. Inflate to recommended level
- Check your spare tire, set of car tools, Early warning Device, First aid kit
Simple Tips I’ve learned from driving on long road trips
- Bring Water for all the passengers.
- Eat light snacks to keep you alert
- To keep you charged, drink energy drinks, soft drinks, or fruit juices.
- Don’t drive all the way take short breaks to stretch your muscles, If you have a replacement driver even better.
- Whenever you feel sleepy, take a rest or switch with your co-driver.
- Listen to a happy driving song, ( I listen to Gin Blossoms & Better than Ezra, whenever I go on a road trip)
Lastly, Have fun and Safe Road Trip.