Car owners can never be too sure on when their car would suddenly experience dead batteries due to length of use. The usual way to start your car can be classified into two categories since cars can either be manual or automatic. Here are some tips on how to properly jack start your car when the need arises.
For Manual Transmission Cars:
1. Place the ignition key towards the power on
2. Place the shift knob to 2 or Reverse, depending on the direction that offers more space for pushing
3. Have someone help you in pushing the car forward or backward
4. Step on the clutch and the gas pedal
5. Wait for the car to gain momentum usually in a consistent speed like 10 KMH
6. Instantly release the clutch and step on the gas
7. Once that car starts, step on the clutch again to cut the momentum and step on the brakes.
For Automatic Transmission Cars
1. Place the ignition power to on
2. Get jumper cables and connect the positive to the positive poles of the other car battery and negative on the negative.
3. Once connected, make sure that the main source of the battery where you will get power from is holding a consistent rev to avoid wrecking the other battery.
4. Start the car that has been jumpered and allow to run for some minutes before taking out the jumper cables. Make sure no accessories are turned on so that the alternator will charge up the electricity to the car.
At times, this is just a temporary solution. Eventually you have to trace the key areas of your car such as:
It does not always follow that the battery is the problem. Have a certified electrician look at it and he will tell you the real cause for your car not starting upon ignition.